Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board
NEW FOR 2020 Now with RAW Output & Hardware RTC
The Uputronics Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board provides a modern multi GNSS GPS receiver and hardware RTC with quick no soldering required connection to all Raspberry Pi boards with the 2×20 header (the original Pi Model A/B are not supported). Featuring PPS (Pulse per second) output to permit the use of the board for PPS disciplined NTP servers, RAW output available from the UBlox™ GPS module and twin super caps for GPS hot start/setting retention & maintaining RTC.
This board retains backwards compatibility with previous generation Uputronics Pi GPS boards. With its features and ease of installation we believe this is the ultimate GPS / RTC HAT for the Raspberry Pi.
• 72-channel u-blox™ M8 engine
• Up to 3 concurrent GNSS (BeiDou,Galileo,GLONASS,GPS/QZSS)
• Default GNSS: GPS/GLONASS.
• -167dBm Navigation Sensitivity
• 10Hz navigation rate in multiGNSS mode, 18Hz in GPS only
• RAW Output available via UBX-RXM-RAWX Message
• 3V supplied to antenna port to power active antenna
• Antenna requirements: Active 3V Ceramic Patch
• No EEPROM settings must be sent at power up or saved to battery backed RAM.
• Default baud rate: 9600bps
• I2C Bus (Address 0x42)
• Robust SMA antenna connection.
For full documentation please consult the u-blox 8/u-blox M8 receiver description including protocol specification document (UBX-13003221) linked here: https://store.uputronics.com/files/UBX-13003221.pdf
• Micro Crystal RV-3028-C7 Real Time Clock Module
• Factory calibrated ±1 ppm @ 25°C
• I2C Bus (Address 0x52)
• Built in kernel compatibility
• Provides year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes and seconds
In The Box
1 x Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board
4 x 11mm standoffs w/8 M2.5 Screws
1 x Header with 4.93mm tails